Funny, I would not think of Will Smith as being an inspiring leader, would you? When you watch him on the TV or the movie screen he just appears to be this talented actor who got lucky. Wow, after I watched this, I have a totally new appreciation for him and who he is.
Grab a cup of coffee and watch this 10 minute video as Will Smith shares his wisdom on life. Then after that on a scale of 1 to 10 rate yourself on the list of things he discusses below. Are you doing them? Do you believe them? Are you willing to die for them? Then start with the ones you ranked yourself lowest on and get to work on changing it.
- I have a GREAT TIME with my life and I want to share it.
- I LOVE LIVING and it is infectious.
- GREATNESS exists in all of us. It is not this elusive God-like feature that only the special among us have, it is in all of us.
- It is simple – this is what I believe and I am willing to die for it, period. It’s that simple. Don’t make it any more complicated than that.
- Don’t think that where we are is where you are going to be, or where we are going to end up. Where you are almost does not matter.
- There is no shortcut to success. There is talent and there is skill. Talent we have naturally. Skill is only developed by hours and hours of beating on your craft. I love this – Will Smith says he does not consider himself particularly talented…he says where he excels is his ridiculous, sickening work ethic. While the other guy is sleeping, I am working. While the other guy is eating, I am working. No matter how talented you are your talent is going to fail you if you are not skilled. You have to dedicate yourself to being better every day.
- The only thing distinctly different with me is I am not afraid to die on a treadmill. You may have more talent than me and you might be smarter than me, but if we get on the treadmill together you are getting off first or I am going to die, it is that simple.
- You don’t just try to build a wall – you say ‘I am going to lay this brick as perfectly as a brick can be laid’ and if you do that every single day soon you will have a wall.
- Focus on making a difference – if you are going to be here, there is a necessity to make a difference. I want the world to be better because I was here. I want my life to mean something. Your life will become better by making other lives better.
- I want to represent an idea. I want to represent possibilities that you can really make what you want. I can create whatever I want to create.
- You have to believe! The first step before anyone else is going to believe, it is you have to believe it. You can’t have a plan B because that distracts from plan A.
- There is a delusional quality that all successful people have to have – you have to believe that something different, than has happened the last 50 million years can happen. Confucius said that ‘he who says he can, and he who says he can’t, are both usually right.’
- Being realistic is the most commonly traveled road to mediocrity. Why would you be realistic? What is the point of being realistic? The second I decide it is done, it is already done.
- Our thoughts are physical in the universe. Don’t let the universe push you around – bend the universe. Make a choice and don’t be at effect of the things that are happening around you. Just decide and the universe is going to get out of your way.
- To be as successful as I want to be, it takes a desperate obsessive focus.
- You cannot be scared to die for the truth. The truth is the only thing that is going to be constant.
Make it a GREAT week!
For a FREE List of 3 Plus Bedroom Paulding County Homes under $150,000 with prices, addresses, and descriptions click the above link