Your search results

who to call for low-down-payment loans

Posted by Craig Summers on September 4, 2008
| 0

Who do I call for a low-down-payment loan? Here are several popular programs available to home buyers, along with the appropriate telephone numbers for more information: *The Federal Housing Administration has programs which require as little as 3 or 4 percent cash down. FHA loans are originated and serviced by private lenders. Check with local lenders to find the best source for your loan. * Veterans (and reservists) who qualify can buy a home with no money down through the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs. Call 1-800-827-1000 to find out more. * Both the VA and FHA offer foreclosure properties for sale, some requiring as little as $100 down. Anyone interested in a VA foreclosure can call 1-800-827-1000 to request a current listing. For FHA-insured properties, call your local U.S. Housing and Urban Development office for more information. Fannie Mae helps buyers who can put down as little as 3 percent of their own money. To see if this can work for you, call 1-800-732-6643. * Many cities and counties offer special housing loans in order to promote the benefits of home ownership in their communities. To find out what funds may be available to you, inquire at your local housing department.